Employment Advisor Resume
Employment advisors are a part of the human resource department. They work for organizations and advise them on recruitment procedures. They help them plan the recruitment procedure and draft policies that comply with equal employment opportunity act. Their responsibility includes finding the most suitable candidate for the job position. These advisors list out the names and profiles of available jobs opportunities and help them grab the best ones. They advise their clients on resume writing, interview etiquettes and job searching ways.
Employment Advisor Resume Example
To work an an employment advisor with the HR department of a large company where my ample abilities can be put in use for detecting, hiring, and retaining the best employees for the company.
Summary of Skills:
- In-depth knowledge of human resource management procedures and techniques
- Skilled at managing several personnel and tasks at same time proficiently
- Superior advisory abilities that help understand a situation and deliver appropriate solutions
- Ability to establish effective interactions with job-seekers and management simultaneously
- Ability to ensure accuracy and detailing without compromising on time duration
Future Career Consultants, SEDGEFORD, PE36 0XS
October 2014 - Present
- Interacting with registered job seekers and identifying their career needs and demands from prospective jobs
- Sorting out jobs relevant to career graph and interests of candidates, and forwarding them for reference to apply
- Assisting clients in making sound career decisions and choosing the most appropriate job opportunity
- Providing special guidance to people looking for changing their career field, returning to work after a break or those having diverse job experiences
- Informing candidates about future job opportunities and job scope of the said profile
Prime Consultant, SEDGEFORD, PE36 0XS
April 2013 - September 2014
- Met walk-in clients collected and reviewed documents, and discussed their job needs
- Assisted in meeting the job search challenges and job market competition successfully
- Guided on searching jobs and facing interview sessions effectively
- Coordinated with employers to understand the vacant job profile and employer's expectation from the candidates
- upported in analyzing the job opportunities based on salary, benefits, profile , responsibilities, etc.
- Bachelor's Degree in Personnel Management
Queen's University, SEDGEFORD, PE36 0XS
Career Advisor Cover Letter
Career Advisors help people advance their career by making the right decisions related to education, training, and employment. Essential work responsibilities of a Career Advisor are interviewing clients, identifying missing skills, helping clients to create action plans, referring people to training courses, providing information about the current job market, presenting personal development topics, monitoring client progress, participating to career fairs, and updating their knowledge of labor legislation.
Those looking to work as Career Advisors should be able to demonstrate the following skills throughout their cover letters:
- Counseling skills
- Communication and listening abilities
- A non-judgmental approach
- Problem-solving orientation
- Computer competences
- Being able to work individually or as part of a team
- Empathy and an approachable manner
The cover letter sample beneath showcases relevant Career Advisor skills and abilities.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Career Advisor Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. Walters:
Upon learning of your need for a new Career Advisor, I hastened to submit my resume for your consideration. As a client-centric and accomplished professional with 10+ years of strong experience assessing client objectives and recommending appropriate steps to help them achieve their professional goals, I am confident that I would make a valuable contribution in this position.
My background spans excellent experience consulting with professionals from diverse ranks, positions, and careers to evaluate their skill set, identify areas for further training and focus, and recommend appropriate job search and interview strategies. With proven expertise in assessing / identifying strengths, weaknesses, and relational competencies—coupled with strong inner motivation and superior organization and interpersonal talents—I am well prepared to excel in this role.
Highlights of my qualifications include…
- Conducting initial client assessments, reviewing their employment histories, uncovering potential areas of career interest, identifying education and training needs, and serving as a key resource and chief point of contact to coordinate the resources and tools required to meet each client’s unique goals.
- Leading career development and counseling sessions to participants ranging from new college graduates, to recently laid-off corporate workers, to military personnel looking to transition into the civilian sector.
- Remaining up-to-date on job market trends, salary standards, and hiring opportunities.
- Maintaining a high volume of cases while managing documentation and tracking client status.
- Possessing superior written and verbal communication skills, as well as exceptional relationship management, collaborative leadership, and problem-solving talents.
With my strong background and my demonstrated commitment to achieving client career goals, I am sure to be a strong contributor to your team. I would welcome the opportunity to discuss this position and my qualifications with you in more detail.
Thank you for your consideration.
Ann F. Phillips