To become a medical assistant, it’s important that you highlight these major areas in your cover letter: licenses and certifications, technical skills, analytical skills, and the ability to communicate effectively. Demonstrating these qualities in your medical assistant cover letter will show hiring managers that you are a well-rounded candidate. If you are not sure how to showcase these abilities, then check out our cover letter sample below to get some inspiration.
In a hurry? Our state of the art cover letter builder can help you write a convincing cover letter in minutes.
Build My Free Cover Letter Now >>
Table of Contents
- Medical Assistant Cover Letter Sample
- Medical Assistant Cover Letter Example (Text Format)
SEE ALSO > Cover Letter Templates
1. Medical Assistant Cover Letter Sample
Click the following image to view the following samples.
Click Here to Download Our
Medical Assistant CL Example
2. Medical Assistant Cover Letter (Text Format)
Ms. Cynthia Adams
Living Well Health Centre
418 Livewell Street
Palo Alto, California, 94301
Dear Ms. Cynthia Adams,
I am writing to apply for the part-time Medical Assistant position at Living Well Health Centre, as advertised on medicaljobsusa.com. I am a certified AAMA Medical Assistant, with 5+ years of professional experience in patient liason, record management, reception and general office administration. I have worked at a range of medical facilities, from private physician office settings to large, state run hospitals. In my recent position as the Medical and Services Assistant at the John Miller Smith Hospital in Denver, I was trained in administering injections, recording EKG’s, patient scheduling, medical coding (ICD9/10 and CPT) and phlebotomy/blood draws.
I am certified in Basic Life Support (BLS)/ CPR with adult, child and infants, and am highly skilled in using the MS Office Suite and Electronic Health Records (EHR) software. Specific highlights of my career include:
- Enhancing patient relations and reducing critical wait times
- Developing cost-effective administrative procedures
- Training staff members in patient interaction and communication
I have a Bachelor of Health Sciences from America State University, with a major in Biology and minor in administration. I am confident that my extensive medical and administrative skills would be of benefit to this position and to the Living Well Health Centre. I have attached a copy of my resume with this email. If you need any further information, please call me at (102) 515-0987.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Does your cover letter contain any ‘red flags’ that could jeopardize your chances of getting to the next round? Read our article, How to Handle 8 of the Biggest Cover Letter Red Flags, to make sure if you do have any, you attend to them in just the right way.
Medical Assistant Cover Letter
Medical Assistants work in the healthcare industry and provide support to patients by delivering a variety of services. These professionals are responsible for maintaining medical histories, preparing patients for examination, completing various office procedures, answering to patient questions, adhering to safety rules, maintaining inventories, ordering supplies, and updating technical knowledge.
A successful cover letter sample for Medical Assistant puts emphasis on:
- Confidentiality and bedside manners
- Medical teamwork and problem solving orientation
- Infection control and attention to safety
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Organizational and communication skills
- Customer focus and empathy
- Computer literacy and office equipment familiarity
An example cover letter for Medical Assistant showcasing similar qualifications is shown below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Medical Assistant Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. Taylor:
As a skilled and highly trained Medical Assistant with experience providing services to a wide variety of patients, I am pleased to present the enclosed resume. My background in supporting patient care positions me to substantially assist River Bend Medical Center in meeting—and exceeding—its healthcare goals.
From testing blood pressure and drawing blood to ordering and evaluating lab results and optimizing medical office operations, my experience in coordinating patient services and enhancing patient satisfaction positions me to excel in this role. Documenting patient information, communicating with laboratory staff, and delivering comprehensive medical instructions to patients are just a few of many tasks at which I excel, consistently providing a superior level of compassionate patient care.
Highlights of my experience include the following:
- Utilizing comprehensive knowledge of medical conditions and services to order and interpret lab tests and assist in delivering medication and treatment guidelines to patients.
- Communicating between doctors, pharmacists, and laboratory staff to ensure appropriate and necessary patient treatment plans.
- Interacting with patients to manage expectations and ensure continuity of care.
- Demonstrating an unwavering commitment to advancing overall patient/client health.
With my hands-on experience supporting care and treatment for a variety of patient types, I am confident in my ability to significantly contribute to your practice. Additionally, my innate sense of advanced responsibility and flexibility will ensure my capacity as a key asset to your team. An opportunity to discuss your needs and my qualifications in more detail would be most welcome; thank you for your consideration.