Home » Clerical Resume » Sample Reconciliation Clerk Resume
Reconciliation Clerk Resume
A reconciliation clerk resume speaks about the candidate's proficiency in compiling, verifying, editing, organizing, and reconciling various accounts that address complex business transactions, pertaining to different departments within a given organization. Your job application comprises of two essential documents, namely the resume and your cover letter, along with any associated enclosures. While your cover letter introduces the reader to your career related interests, and aims to showcase the potential benefits of employing you, the resume acts like a profile reader, drawing a complete image of your professional history, and highlighting the most significant skill sets that you possess. For a job application to influence the reader's judgment favorably, you need to strive to achieve perfection in keeping it employer-centered, for the simple reason that a recruiter does not come looking for any information related to only your personal interests or goals, but in fact expects to see something which would help him analyze whether you'd be a potential contributor to the organization's growth.
Sometimes, candidates find it very difficult to start writing a resume, simply because they are unclear as to what they need to present, in terms of information related to their previous experience. It is essential that you know something about the employer, in order to analyze their expectations, and accordingly showcase those abilities that will appeal to them the most. You cannot possibly gauge the employer's needs by assuming things, you need to contact them and discuss your application, so that you get a clear picture as to what they expect from you as a part of their team. Prior to that, try visiting the company website, if they got one, and find out more about their vision and their status within the market. This will facilitate a smooth interaction with your recruiter. Once you know what you're expected to offer, make a list of all the skills and abilities you possess, and select the most relevant ones to be included in your resume.
Including a profile summary in your resume will enhance the appeal of your resume, for it enables you to portray a lot of important information within a short space, thus facilitating optimal space planning. Perhaps you don't know, but ideally, the length of a resume should be restricted to one page only, solely for the convenience of the reader. You see, the reader of your resume is generally a busy recruiter, who can't afford to spend over a minute to review your resume, and that during their recruitment season/period. You need to understand that they are bound by hundreds of applications, out of which the first few desirable candidates will be given the chance of an interview. This makes it evident that you need to eliminate all the details that are insignificant, in association with your employer's needs.
In the sample of the reconciliation clerk resume shown below, you'll see that the section comprises of about 6-8 points, arranged optimally to keep the reader deeply engaged in the application. Take tips for effective sentence construction, and try clubbing two or more pieces of information together into one sentence, so that you can restrict the amount of space you utilize to showcase the essential elements.
Given below for your reference is a free sample resume of a reconciliation clerk. Observe its layout and design yours accordingly, considering optimal customization, in order to impart a personal appeal to your application. Do take care while framing your career objective, for the quality of it will determine the level of involvement of the reader. Besides connecting your interests to the vision of the employer, include basic details pertaining to your professional qualification, such as your current designation or/and your area of expertise, so that it also plays the role of an official title for your resume.
Reconciliation Clerk Resume Sample
Joseph S. Mannion
4864 Stanton Hollow Road
Walpole, MA 02081
Reconciliation Clerk, with over 2 years of experience in verifying and reconciling various accounts pertaining to business transactions of complex nature, seeks an opportunity to share the vision of your company to grow within the profession, serving to improve the efficiency of the accounts department.
- Compiled necessary accounting data for transactions pertaining to all departments, and processed and verified before reconciling input documentation
- Organized and maintained accounting files, statistical reports, electronic data, and other documentation pertaining to daily office/departmental functions
- Reconciled the records of accounts receivable with sales invoices, and rectified customer ledger accounts
- Verified and reconciled bank deposits and payments from customers and clients, ensuring feedback and follow-up when necessary
- Responsible for routing invoices and billing statements to the mailing department, for delivery to respective clients and customers
- Maintained records of canceled checks, and discarded them upon the completion of 8 months post the date of writing the checks
- In case of errors, contacted clients/customers in order to retrieve them, adjusting their accounts as necessary
- Strong mathematical skills, with sound knowledge of fundamental accounting principles and practices
- Proficient in the organization and storage of all data in electronic format for easy access and distribution
- Experienced in the use of computers and related tools and applications (Tally, MS Office, Linux etc)
- Excellent interpersonal and listening skills, facilitating smooth communication with clients as well as co-workers
- Close attention to detail for 100% accuracy in calculations, with an aim to eliminate loopholes of any sort
- Strong time management and problem solving skills, with the ability to deliver optimal productivity even during stressful or critical situations
2010 - 2012
Wm. Duggan Co. Inc. - Walpole, MA
Certified Diploma in Accounting and Bookkeeping, 2009
Curry College - Milton, MA
Placed in grade B
Available upon request
This website contains over a thousand resume templates and cover letter samples for guiding through the seemingly tedious task. Browse carefully to locate the best matches for your profile.
Accounting Clerk Cover Letter
Sample accounting clerk cover letter convincingly identifies your most relevant skills and strengths to the potential employer.
Adapt this cover letter example to meet the requirements of the target job and your own background.
A cover letter that clearly articulates what you can bring to the job opportunity will grab the reader's attention and get your resume read with serious attention. A persuasive introduction will quickly convince the potential employer of your suitability for the job opportunity.
This enthusiastic and well-written cover letter sets you apart from the competition.
Accounting Clerk Cover Letter
Your Contact details (phone and email)
Human Resources Manager
10 Industry Place
New York, NY 10021
Dear Mrs Millar
In response to the job posting on ABC website, please consider my resume in your search for an Accounting Clerk. I am confident that my relevant experience in a high volume environment makes me an excellent match for this position.
Please allow me to highlight my capabilities as they relate to your stated requirements.
- Proven track record as a reliable, dedicated team player who consistently and accurately meets deadlines in a demanding environment
- First-rate organizational skills together with high quality decision-making ensures efficient completion of multiple and varied accounting tasks
- Able to use well-developed problem-solving and analysis skills to satisfactorily resolve payment and receivable issues
- Strong customer service and communication skills result in effective collaborative working relationships
- Solid computer skills including Excel, MS Word and Database
In the X years I have worked as an Accounting Clerk I have proved myself to be a capable, hard working and enthusiastic employee. I believe that I would be a valuable asset to your accounting department and would welcome the opportunity to meet with you for an in-depth interview.
Thank you for your review and consideration. I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Include this accounting clerk cover letter with your accounting clerk resume to create a job-winning application.
The accounting clerk job description can help you to build an informative cover letter.
Highlight the accounting clerk competencies that are required in most accounting clerk jobs.
Key Competencies for Accounting Clerk Jobs
- Communication skills - both verbal and written skills along with computer proficiency.
- Willing to be a team player - accounting clerks are required to be able to work independently as well as on a team. Employers want people who work well with others and contribute to department goals.
- Organizational and planning skills - accounting clerks are required to multitask, prioritize and manage competing demands to meet deadlines.
- Problem analysis and problem-solving skills - able to identify and resolve issues.
- Reliability and integrity - employers look for candidates who they can depend on and who display honesty and confidentiality.
- Attention to detail - accuracy and thoroughness are essential in this job.
Job Seekers Recommend These Accounting Resume Examples
Are you looking for an entry level position? This entry level accounting resume provides a good starting point.
Popular Pages for Cover Letters
Accounting Clerk Cover Letter Tips
Accounts Receivable Cover Letter
Accounts Payable Cover Letter
List of Strengths
Email Cover LetterClosing a Cover Letter
For your Job Interview
Accounting Job Interview Questions
Clerical Interview Questions
Job Interviews > Sample Cover Letters > Accounting Clerk
Use the search box to find exactly what you are looking for.
To Top of Page