Sample Illustration Essay Topics: 20 Ideas Worth A Discussion
Illustration essays offer a broad range of topics for writing. Whenever we need something properly introduced, presented and analyzed, we are bound to turn to illustration writing. The greatest thing about this kind of writing is the possibility of making our statements and viewpoints visible to other people. Everything can be thoroughly illustrated – that is why it is appropriate to choose topics related to the areas of our expertise. An artist will be able explain what it takes to be a performer, while we can expect the same for a description of a healthy lifestyle from a professional basketball player.
Topics for a great illustrative essay can be found around us. In fact, it doesn’t take a long time for an individual to make an interesting choice.
Before we start reviewing some interesting topics, we must point out that this given kind of essay is the perfect choice for all stages of education (from elementary school to college students).
In order to help those who need to start writing at this very minute, we have managed to organize a useful list of topics that can be used as valuable samples for written assignments.
- Life of a professional athlete
- Secrets of maintaining a successful carrier
- How to write a song that could become a hit on the charts?
- How to become a sensation on the Internet?
- Influence of music on our mood
- Discovery of the technology behind smart phones
- Food as a remedy
- Standards of female beauty
- The most efficient method of losing weight
- Dealing with the consequences of a disease
- The power of addictions
- How to make money by playing on the street?
- How to save some money?
- Why do we love the social networks?
- Reasons of political confrontations in the world
- Peer violence and verbal confrontations
- Efficient use of our free time
- Influence of the movie industry on current fashion trends
- How to choose a profession based on personal abilities?
- Ideal location for a summer vacation
It’s a known fact that the choice of certain music can produce behavioral changes. Analyze this and name some performers that make you feel optimistic and energized.
How can we deal with our weight issues? Name the methods (exercises, reduction of portions, walking, running etc.).
An interesting topic about the worldwide phenomenon whose influence is still under assessment.
Henry David Thoreau once said, “If you would convince a man that he does wrong, do right. However, do not care to convince him. Men will believe what they see. Let them see.” In terms of academic writing, this phrase means being able to draw visual images with the help of words. What is an illustration essay? An illustration essay is what best describes a paper written to create a picture in the reader’s mind and deliver the target message more effectively. In this article, we will discuss the meaning, topic, and several examples of the illustration essay.
GET A WINNING HOMEWORK ESSAY
Would you like an expert to help you with your academic writing? Do not miss a unique opportunity to buy custom illustration essays from the top writing company.
Illustration Essay Definition & Usage
A student may ask, “What is an illustration essay”? It is a logical question. This genre of writing is rare compared to argumentative, persuasive, compare & contrast, or narrative papers. Illustration essay interprets specific situation/person/object by providing certain examples and different details to let the reader understand the selected topic broader. To understand different types of academic essays better, you may like the website full of free essay examples.
Here is the list of illustrative essay examples. Choose the topic without conducting research!
- Use specific sports terms to illustrate how to swim a stroke in Olympic swimming, dive, or demonstrate other abilities in the water.
- Explain how dancing/acting on the stage is different from the high school cheerleading; what is a higher art?
- Discuss why a sports team of your preference (basketball, football) is underrated; why the soccer team you dislike is overrated.
- Illustrate the stages a college applicant should take in writing a winning college entrance essay to join the target educational institution.
- Share how you managed to survive your first year in college with your readers by writing several effective tips from your experience.
- Explain how you used to flirt with the opposite gender correctly to avoid being a part of the “friendship zone.”
Work & Career
- Show the way professional scientists conduct research by describing every required step in details.
- Explain what an HR manager does; write down several examples from your personal interaction with the representatives of this profession.
- Illustrate what a chief from the prestigious restaurant downtown does to cook the dish of the day (e.g., a deer).
- List & explain the features of a good business writing (e.g., make a list of the winning professional terms/keywords, which helped you to pass a job interview).
- Write about the city, which used to survive some natural disaster (an earthquake, tsunami, tornado, hurricane, etc).
- The topic on how society can support children who became the victims of school bullying/hate crimes/home violence.
How to Write an Illustration Essay
Writing an essay is made of five basic steps. Before writing your paper, decide on the most effective title.
Step 1: Identify the object of your writing (a.k.a. the main illustrative essay topic) and write a powerful thesis statement, which will impress both the teacher and entire reading audience. Help your reader to understand your topic ahead. Pick minimum three keywords/points to explain why you believe/deny the specific idea - this sentence is your thesis statement.
Example: “Gender stereotypes exist in the professional world. Many business companies prefer having men as their CEOs.”
Step 2: You are almost done with your introduction paragraph. Keep on writing what you are going to share with the reader, and provide reasons for choosing a particular topic. Start the first paragraph with the hooking sentence. Several types of the hooks exist to consider: direct quote, poetry line, metaphor, simile, joke, fact, etc. This technique will grab the reader’s attention from the first line of the essay. [Learn here how to write an analytical essay]
ORDER YOUR A+ ESSAY FROM US
Step 3: Your illustration essay should be supported by the good outline (an essay outline serves as the action plan for your writing from cover to cover). Keep on writing a paragraph supporting each reason why you chose a specific essay topic until you get three good reasons.
Example: “Last time I attended a job interview, I have lost my place to Mr. Green, and the only ‘good’ reason the local HR told me is he believes women do not possess powerful marketing ideas to help their company”.
Step 4: It is the easiest step in the essay writing. The writer must list three points explaining why he chose the specific illustration topic/example at the beginning of each sentence, and then support it with the meaningful evidence retrieved from the research.
Step 5: After writing a conclusion, a professional writer would like to double-check the entire essay for the following mistakes:
- Grammar & spelling
- Plagiarism & other small issues
Even if you know how to write an illustration essay perfectly, do not ignore the stage of proofreading & editing, or hire professional online editors to check your final paper.
Types of Examples You May Use to Support an Illustration Essay Thesis
To answer, “what is an illustration essay,” the student must realize the importance of examples taken from personal experience. You should support an illustration essay with the vivid examples from your personal experience. Use several good methods to get inspired: personal observation, interviews, experience, & media.
A personal observation requires observing different locations related to your chosen topic. Do not forget to take notes explaining your impressions through five human senses.
An interview means having a face-to-face conversation with people who are experts in the fields connected with your topic. These people can share exciting examples so that your writing will stand out from the rest of the papers. Conduct a research to prepare a list of related questions before contacting the people of your interest.
Recall your personal experience to include in your writing. Personal memories are a good source of ideas you can share with the readers to support the main argument. Research & look at some images to jog your memory. Write every topic detail you remember from your personal life experience; do not forget to include sensory expressions & comments from other people. Let the adjectives and adverbs help you with your writing.
Media is one of the most useful sources of ideas & examples in the modern world. Spend some time on social networks (Facebook, YouTube, Instagram) where people of all types share their experience by writing meaningful posts or publishing interesting videos. Pick the best topic examples for your illustration essay from the following sources:
We hope that after reading the article from the market specialists, you understand the answer to the questions like, “What does illustrate mean in an essay?” If you want more illustration essay examples, help with the research, or good points to catch the reader’s eye, we have a solution. Just make an order! Go to the official academic writing service’s website to get the top-notch papers at affordable prices!
Seeking professional writing guidance? – This is just the right place!